Luke - Ames, Iowa

My Simple Video Game

Go to the store and buy the game; speed home, install the game on your computer and begin to play. Choose one of the seven characters to be while you play online; then, begin to play and learn. What game am I talking about? I am talking about the marvelous game called Diablo II Lord of Destruction. It may sound idiotic but Diablo can teach you, and has taught me, many things about life. I believe in Diablo II Lord of Destruction and the lessons it can teach people.

It didn’t take long to find out on Diablo, as it is with life, that there are some people you can trust and some people you can’t trust. It didn’t take long to realize that there are people who cheat and use hacks and there are people who are legitimately good at the game. As it is in life, there are people who will cheat their way to the top and never even care that they are doing it. I remember when I first started playing the game online. I wasn’t very good and I remember when I first got “scammed”.

I met a guy online who seemed very nice and said he was willing to help me become better. I was so awful at that time that I didn’t care what I had to do to get better; I just wanted to start being good. He told me he’d give me some “hacks” so that I would be able to scam people for their items. When he sent me that hack, I realized he was scamming me. I figured this out because my character on the game began dropping everything I owned. It was too late before I realized this and, when I did, I had lost everything important. I was even forced to shut down my computer. After this, I began to change.

I was mad. No, I was more than mad, I was downright pissed. I learned not to trust anyone. In fact, I became exactly like the person who scammed me. I became a scammer (and a good one at that). I became better and better as I scammed more and more people and received more and more hacks. I was not the guy you wanted to meet if you were playing Diablo. In the end, I dominated.

Diablo, like I said, is a lot like life. Although in life I do not see myself as a scammer like I was on Diablo, but I learned many things. I learned you cannot trust everyone and that you need to be careful with what you do and say. You can learn so much from such a simple video game. That is what I believe. I believe in Diablo II Lord of Destruction and the lessons it can teach you.