The Golden Rule Rules All

Maxwell - Gilbert, Iowa
Themes: golden rule

Have you ever felt really bad after a poor decision or really good after you do something really nice? When you pick on others and don’t treat them nicely, then they will think of ways to get you back. Usually people know what others weaknesses are and they plot to get that person back by using those to their advantage. People use to always pick on me when I was young. I would always try to think of ways to pay people back. It usually would not end well for me.

I was miserable and had no friends. I was always trying to hang out and have fun with my peers. My life wasn’t very much fun and I was miserable. I would always be getting picked on because I was different from everyone else because I had epilepsy. I would be thinking of ways to get everyone back in worse ways than they got me. I would always take a long time figuring things out so I could win. Everything came back around to bite me in the rear because I would always be getting in trouble for my actions. I would always make fun of others and wasn’t very nice about it. They would always tell on me and then my parents would find out and I would get grounded at the least. I knew it was time to change for my own good.

I started to really think about my life and how I wanted to live it. I started to ignore everything. Soon all mean tricks stopped after I began letting everything go like it didn’t matter. I was also being nice to others and respecting everyone else. People also were showing the same for me and I was finally making some good friends after twelve years of my life. I would actually get calls from people wanting to hang out. I was also getting invited to parties. My life had never been as fun before. I was having fun with myself and I was glad I moved on from being bad and mean to others.

As you can see, people do get what they deserve. Whether it is good or bad, others always give back what they receive. There are rewards for good behavior and treating others nicely. The golden rule, treat others how you want to be treated, should be one of the, if not the top, rule that everyone lives by, as you can see from examples in my life.