Ashley - Centennial, Colorado

Every now and then, we see things we don’t want to see. Every once in a while we go through things we don’t want to go through. Yet every day, someone, somewhere says “I love you.” I believe the Beatles has a point when they said “All You Need Is Love.” I see a lot of hate in this world, but there’s also a whole lot of love. When life gets to that point where you physically hurt, no one can deny, all they want is love. There was a point in my life where I felt that sort of pain. Everything was going wrong for me and everyone around me. Everyone had a secret. Every friendship was tried in some way. When my friends decided to talk about what was going on, it seemed they didn’t think that I was affected by what was happening. It seemed they didn’t care that I was their friend once too. I felt so horribly alone. I felt so much hate at that point. I hated people for turning their back on me, I hated the person I was, and I hated school because I had to be with the people I hated. I knew I had to get past this.

My sister and I like to play this game called “I love…” We just go back and forth saying the things we love. “I love the mountains after it snows.” “I love the feeling of rain.” “I love the tears that come from a hilarious joke.” Though just a silly game, it somehow makes everything is ok. I think my sister got me to be happy again. I’m closer to her than anyone else, and I feel because I loved her so much, it was hard to hate everyone else. Around her, I was the person I wanted to be. Being with her made it easier to be that person with everyone else. Because of her love, I am closer to my friends now more than ever.

All you need is love. It’s really true isn’t it? It’s sort of like water or air. You’ll never run out. And you can find it almost anywhere. Love.