Tasha - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: work

Not Giving Up

If you do not push yourself to do something that’s good for you, will you regret it later? I believe in not giving up; pushing yourself to finish something that you know will be good for you. If you live “the easy life” and you do not push yourself because it hurts or you don’t like how it feels, you won’t benefit from the results you can get. If you push yourself through something, no matter how painful it may seem on the inside, (or even physically), you will feel better knowing that you finished it and that you’re done.

I love the feeling after I’ve completed something really hard, and I love being proud of myself for pushing myself even to the limit. I think it’s healthy for people to push themselves to the edge, but it can be harmful to go over the edge. I do not believe in pushing too hard if it can be harmful to our souls and bodies, but I believe in not giving up. Not giving up can be good for the mind, but when pushing too far, it can seriously injure the body and the soul. Some people try to push themselves but then they get scared or they second-guess themselves if they really want to do something because they do not want to work that hard to get it. I do not believe in making things easier for ourselves just so we can live easily. I believe in working hard and not giving up if we really want something.

I am an athlete and a student and I center most of my life on pushing myself to do well even if I do not feel like doing it. When I’m doing a project or a really hard assignment, I try my hardest to understand what I am doing and I try to do my best to complete it with my best effort, no matter how tedious it may seem, or how late I’m staying up. I feel better on the inside knowing that I finished it, and knowing that I put in the time and effort to do a good job. When I’m practicing for one of my many sports, I try not to complain about what my coach tells me to do, even if it is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I tell myself to get through it because half of the time during practice I am wishing that I am relaxing on the couch watching TV, but I know that I’m not; but I tell myself to get through practice, because after I’m done, I know I’ll be proud of myself, and then I can relax on the couch. During an exhausting practice, my body is telling me “Stop! Don’t continue! I am tired! Take a rest!” but my mind and soul are telling me “There’s not that much left! Don’t give up! Keep going! You’ll be proud of yourself when you’re done!” and somehow, my mind urges my body to keep going. I’ve taught myself to focus on what I want, whether it’s an ‘A’ in my science class or a chance to be talented enough to go to an important soccer tournament.

I’ve taught myself to not give up on what I want, and to keep going, no matter how hard it hurts. Not giving up makes me feel better in the end, and it gives me a reason to feel better about myself. I believe in pushing myself to my limit and not giving up with all my heart to hold on to what I want and keep going.