Erin - Centennial, Colorado

The Power of a Smile

“A smile is a curved line that sets things straight.” Phyllis Diller said this quote about a smile. It is a common word, and used in many common phrases. I believe in the power of a smile. Whether it’s to a friend or a stranger, it can make their day. Maybe you are having a bad day. One smile, from someone you know or just a stranger, can help. I am known for my smiling. It’s nice to be able to make someone’s day just by moving your mouth. I believe a smile is a great way to get to know someone. It is something that makes you seem like a happy person, one that people would like to get to know. I smile often. I’d rather be caught smiling too much than not smiling enough. I believe that smiling makes you have a more positive outlook on life. You seem more optimistic and not so much pessimistic. Many people could have a much better day by just sharing a smile. Even if I’m having a bad day, and someone, friend or stranger, smiles at me, it makes me feel a little bit better. I believe that anyone can change anyone’s day through a simple smile. I believe that if everyone gave a smile once a day, the world could truly be a happier place. After all, smiles never hurt, and although they may not solve problems, they are still nice to give and receive. I believe a smile is an awesome present. Anyone, rich or poor, boy or girl, can give or receive it, and you feel great after both. I believe in the power of a smile. The next time you are out and see someone that looks lonely, sad, or just in need of a smile, give one to them. You won’t regret it, and if they smile back, neither will they.