Alex - Centennial, Colorado

“All the so-called ‘secrets of success’ will not work unless you do.” -Unknown Author. I believe in hard work and that it will take you to fantastic places. Throughout sports and school, hard work has taken me far. If you can’t seem to succeed at something but you just keep working at it, you will succeed. I will never ever quit.

Through personal experience I’ve found hard work to be one of the single most important things you can do to succeed. Without it would I be able to achieve straight A’s or succeed in sports? No, because it is what drives me to achieve greatness. Through hard work I gain so much more opportunity than others. If I continue to receive A’s in classes then I can be accepted to a great college. Working hard in college will set up even more opportunities for me in life. It will expose me to the world. Working my hardest is helping me achieve my full potential. Can anyone ever be their best without working their hardest? Will they ever achieve their dreams? The answer is simply no. One has to try their hardest if they wish to perform at the level they have dreamed of. As an undersized football player, I can often be doubted by fellow teammates. However, through my hard work and determination I prove to them my abilities. I crush all doubters with a wave of dedication. No matter what anyone says, I just keep trying and stay on the path to fulfill my dreams. No one can stop me but myself. If I stop working then I have given up, raised up the white flag. All I have to tell myself is, “I think I can.” I believe I can do anything I set my mind to.

Before I start on my path of success, I like to set goals for myself. For example, in school I always aim at straight A’s. I have never failed in this because I will not accept defeat. If I am playing in a football game, of course, my goal is to win. I usually do not lose because many of my teammates have the same attitude. Also I always want to improve my skills in sports. Therefore, I set goals of improving my speed and strength. Once I have these visions, I will not quit until I achieve them. After I set these goals I can then start to apply my philosophy of working hard. To achieve my goals I have to be disciplined and continue to believe in my philosophy. I have to achieve my goals one step at a time. It is important to never stop setting goals.

Hard work is the foundation behind all that I do. It makes me what I am and what I will become. It gives me opportunity and takes me to amazing places. Hard work will show me the path to greatness. Without it I would be nothing. But with it nothing is impossible.