Kevin - Centerville, Ohio
Themes: pleasure

Take The Time to Relax

Society is getting faster everyday. Fast food, faster computers, and even faster cars are all now daily parts of our lives. This fast paced world is a result of everyone believing that they need to get as much accomplished as quick as possible. Of course, what could be wrong with people being able to accomplish more things each day? Well with everyone’s mind always set on getting the next big thing finished, they have to sacrifice a very important necessity in life: relaxation. Without the time to relax, people become stressful; this leads them to become angry, tired, and unpleasant. It is amazing how omitting such a simple thing can lead to a very unhappy life. This is why I believe in the importance of relaxation.

Relaxation is the brief moment of your day where you don’t have to do anything or be anywhere. It occurs when you swing your club at a driving range, or when you sit back on your La-Z-boy to watch your favorite T.V. show. It’s the chance where you get to flush out all of the stress given to you from this fast paced society and simply just enjoy life.

There will always be something that you are suppose to be working on or finishing up, but you can not spend every hour of every day working or worrying about being done with the next big thing and still maintain a happy life. Even with a small school project, I notice students in my classes who worry about when, where, and how they are going to finish that assignment as soon as the dreaded word “project” escapes from the teacher’s mouth. These same students then stay stressful and unhappy all week with that assignment always on their mind. I know that I can’t completely put off the school work but I noticed that when I take a little time each day to drown out my worries by blasting my favorite song, it helps me a lot more than I would have thought. Of course, a school project is only a minor example of the trillion times I’m going to be stressed out in life, but I know for a fact that as long as I take the time to relax I can keep myself from becoming that angry depressed person that too many other people have turned into because of our fast paced society.

Life is always going to be stressful and there will always be something that needs to be done, but I believe that saying “I’m going to go relax.” should always be an everyday statement.