Kira - Centennial, Colorado
Themes: gratitude

“Some believe strongly that each Christian may have his or her own guardian angel assigned to watch over him or her.”(Billy Graham). Well, I do. On April 14, 2007, at 12:28 am, my neighbor Eric’s house blew up. My bedroom window was the closest part of our house to the explosion as my room is on the west side of our house and his house was to the west of ours. According to my neighbors and parents, the blast of the explosion sounded like a bomb going off. I didn’t hear it. It shook my family and I out of our beds and caused my glass windows to implode over my bed with me sleeping peacefully in it. I have no scars on my face or arms or anywhere on my body for that matter. I even walked out of my room, the floor covered in glass shards, barefoot. The sound that I remember waking up to was not the blast that shook the neighborhood, but the sound of my little sister screaming. That’s why I think that my guardian angel has soundproof wings, and that is why I believe that I have someone watching over me. My family and I ran out of our house expecting to see a few flames, we were greeted with a fiery inferno. The flames were not those that licked at the sides of his house, but the kind that fully engulfed the entire mass of rubble. The morning after this terror of a night, we went back in to our house I saw that it is almost impossible that I was totally unharmed. There were glass shards every where, and the top of my canopy was singed from the heat of the fire. It was a miracle. How do you explain that other than there was someone there watching over me? In Psalms 91:11 it says, “For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways…”. I was certainly guarded that night. Guarded so that I live today.

That is what I believe.