Kelsey - Centennial, Colorado

In my life I have gone through many struggles and challenges. Balancing different aspects of my life, making that leap into high school, and dealing with stress had caused me to wonder why these things happened. Why things couldn’t just be easier, simpler? There was a point in my life when I was completely lost and I felt like God had betrayed me. Nothing in my life made sense and I felt as though God was ruining it. I was always stressed, I felt like my friends and I were growing apart. I was always striving to be cool and I was making some bad decisions because of how hard things had become. I was choosing to be cool instead of hanging out with my friends and we slowly began to drift apart. I was never happy and I was always fighting with my friends, and my mom. I always asked myself why did God choose to test me and put me through everything that He had.

During this time in my life I was just going through the motions of being a Christian, but I wasn’t actually being a Christian. I thought that I just needed to be a good person and believe in God, I never went any further in my faith. There was always more important things to do than go read my bible or go to church. I was kind of putting my faith and God on the back burner. Nothing in my life was looking up, until one day at a bible study, when we were talking about God and how he wants to have a personal relationship with me and I realized that He was testing me for a reason. God was testing me so that He could strengthen my relationship with Him and to show that all I needed in life was Him. He saw that I was falling away from my faith and He just wanted me to rely on Him again. I realized that I needed to have a real relationship with God and that I should expect tests and hardships in life and that those tests would strengthen me. After that day my relationship has only been growing stronger everyday.

Throughout my life I will always have challenges and test that may break me down, but eventually I can learn from them and grow into a new person. James 1:2-4 reads, “My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will have everything you need.” I believe that I needed to be tested by God so that my relationship with him could grow. I believe that I was tested so that I could learn and be shaped into the person that God wants me to be. I believe in a strong relationship with God.