Maddison - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

Everyday, every minute, every second, I believe in not taking life for granted. Looking around my community not everyone is as fortunate as I am. Some people go to the doctor for a normal check up, and leave being told they have one year left to live. Brave men and women are out there risking their lives, suffering unbelievable consequences, while everyone else moves along with their day. Girls just like me are raised without the support and comfort of a loving family. People are living each day not knowing what they will do for their next meal or how they will pay for clothes, or even their house. No matter how bad something may get in my life, someone will always be less fortunate. And in an instant people’s lives can change, and circumstances may be forever altered.

The greatest lesson I have ever learned is that you should never take life for granted. This life philosophy was taught to me by my dad, who had quite a challenging childhood but always appreciated the things he had. He taught me that even if you don’t do as well as you wanted to on a test or if you are just having a bad day, life still goes on. The sun will still shine through your window, and life keeps moving forward. There are people out there who have it much worse and this is why I believe I should be thankful for the moments I live and not take advantage of them.

Right now I have a wonderful strong family, who are all in good health. However, I feel it is even risky to say that, because life can change in an instant. Cherish what you have for it could be gone the next the moment. My dad grew up with seven brothers and sisters. When my father turned eleven, his mother died of cancer. She was only forty nine years old. I think that experience helped my dad develop into the wonderful dad and grateful man he is now. He is generous and can always teach me a good quality lesson on life. When I take life for granted I do not appreciate what I have. Sometimes I may even let the worth while moments pass by unnoticed. I think that I should never regret, rather learn and move forward. I feel that I should be thankful for the ones who love and care about me and always remember to forgive. I should always dream big, and worry little. I should live in the moment and enjoy what God has given to me. When I see someone struggling I should not rush through my day, but rather take the time and help others. Every day I think I should wake up thinking this a new day and I should live it to its fullest. It is another day I have been given and I should not my life for granted.