Luke - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: fear

I believe that by doing something that we aren’t comfortable with, that makes us nervous, that gives us that feeling in our stomach that nobody wants, is one of the most exhilarating experiences that we can have. Standing up in front of the class could make some people feel like they would rather fail than do such a simple task. The whole experience is terrifying and by doing it we are facing our fears. And facing is something that everybody should do in order to have a fulfilled life. Stepping up to the plate and doing what you are uncomfortable with makes you less fearful of it and you can even start doing other things that you thought you wouldn’t do that are similar to that. Having that experience can be really enhance a life. Even if you don’t know it, being able to do whatever you want to without being scared of it is probably the greatest feeling anyone can imagine.

If I have had one really large fear in life, it’s that I don’t like standing up in front of crowds, especially by myself. Once in 5th grade, I didn’t want to be in a play that one of my classes was going to have on my back to school night, so I told my parents that I didn’t want to go, so that I could tell my teacher that we weren’t going to be there and couldn’t be in the play. It ended up that I was in the play and I freaked out, but really didn’t do that bad. Ever since then I have been able to that kind of thing without being too scared at all. And trust me, being able to go through life without having to worry about when I’m going to have to do something that I’m really scared of has made everything easier and gave me less to worry about. Experiencing the bad, and then the freedom of the good, really makes me feel like everybody should step out of their comfort zone just to feel the same way. Doing this kind of thing can really have a positive impact on your life.