Melissa - Littleton, Colorado

I have a guardian angel watching over me. Ever since I was a little girl my mom would tell me stories about the great things that angels can accomplish; how they sit right there helping me in everything that I do. I learned that as our challenges change, so do our angels but they are here to help get me through my life. Ever since my mom imbedded these stories into my head, it has fascinated me. I mean, come on, there is someone, something, right there with me all the time; it’s like my side-kick, my accomplice, my assistant. It’s just amazing to me.

I remember a little incidence that reminded me that my guardian angel was watching out for my family. One Christmas, right after we had moved into our new house, my dad was putting up lights and having the hardest time with it. He had tried every which way to assemble them so that they would actually turn on. That evening, my dad was sitting inside with his head in his hands about to admit defeat, and right at that moment, my brother and I walk out side and the lights are all glowing. It was such a simple act but I just had to smile thinking that our guardian angels were sending a little message, keeping the peace for a little while longer, at least until something else didn’t work right and another angel needed to be sent.

When I changed a shoe size, a new angel was recruited on the role for Melissa’s life in kindergarten, or when I needed a new backpack to start my middle school career, a new angel was sent to perfect my perfectionism. And even now my guardian angel was sent to help with the next phase, high school, and who knows, I may need a few more angels during this chapter. All my life, whether I have realized it or not, my guardian angel has helped in more ways than I may ever know. I am lucky enough to have an endless supply of my own personal partners for the rest of my life. Whether one believes it or not, I believe that everyone is lucky enough to have their own angel. Maybe they are what make my life just a little easier for that one moment, the moment I need it the most. I believe I have a guardian angel watching over me.