Amber - Centennial, Colorado

Aristotle was quoted saying “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies”. This I believe is true, and know it with all my heart. I have a friend that knows what I’m thinking before I say it, and knows what I’m going to do before I do it. She’s a mirror into my soul. To have found my soul in someone else is one of my greatest joys in life. This friend I have known for 10 years and, while we do not look the same, almost polar opposites in height, we have matching souls. It might sound weird, but when this happens, you can just feel it. It is such a joyous feeling. Through our years of playing on the playground and having sleepovers we have become connected as best-friends-forever. Our friendship is more than friendly, it is sisterly. It makes me feel warm and safe knowing she will always be there for me to talk to. Like being in front of a fire under a comforting blanket in the middle of winter. There is nothing we cannot tell each other. When one of us says something and it does not come out quite right, we know what the other one meant. Anyone else would have no clue what the sentence was supposed to be. We can also change each others mood. If one of us is really sad, the other one can change it around. The change comes through our special connection. A soul is who you are and with shareing your soul in someone else is the strongest friendship that could ever be created, this I believe.