Bryan - Centerville, Ohio
Themes: sports

I believe in competition. Competition brings out the best and the worst in people, and I believe that it is good for a person to know both what they are best at, and what things they still are not quite up to par on. When I was in the third grade, I played soccer on a local recreational soccer team. I was not the best player on our team compared to the other members at playing the goalie position and I got quite upset about that because I really wanted be to a goalie, then one game I moved from goalie to center. I scored four goals that game and then went on to help us win the tournament that year. That experience showed me that competition was the best way to find out how I could better help my team, and have a more fun time doing so, not as a goalie but as a center. I think this is true for all people that they will want to be the best at a certain thing but due to competition find out that it is not there strength (such as a goalie), but we do seem to find our strong points (such as playing center) and then better help to win our competition. Thus, in most cases having more fun and enjoying the competition better. Competition also helps me relieve stress, because a good competition makes me work harder then I ever thought I could and it gets my adrenaline pumping thus exciting me and helping me to forget about everything else for that period of time and just to have fun. Therefore, Competition helps to show us our strengths and weaknesses and also helps to relieve stress, this I believe.