Kelsey - Centerville, Ohio
Themes: love

How often have you heard people talking of finding their one true love? Or of people waiting around for the love of their life? Well I disagree with these statements, I believe it is possible to fall in love over and over and that there isn’t necessarily just one right person out there for everyone, but rather quite a few right someone’s. At seventeen years old, people tell me I’m too young to know what true love is. But I believe you can fall in love no matter what age, and can lose it just as quickly.

When I was in the seventh grade, there was this boy Andrew who I thought was the cutest boy in school. I had a big crush on him until one day ‘gasp’ I talked to him. Then it’s all over the school that Andrew and I liked each other and before I knew it, we had started dating and didn’t stop for over a year and a half. At the time, it was the best thing ever, he was my world and I thought there would be no one else like him.

For months after Andrew and I broke up I was crushed and convinced I was destined to be an old woman with cats. That’s when CJ showed up. To be honest I hadn’t expected much from CJ, just someone who could continue to be there for me because he had been such a great friend. Looking back on how it happened I still don’t even know, but suddenly I was once again in love. This time I fell in love a little deeper, but there was no denying the feeling was back

For close to two years, things were great, but I had started to take advantage of the fact that CJ would always be there for me. So when things started to not work out; I was fine, or so I told myself. Then we stopped talking everyday, we had to, and I realized how much I had lost. Once again my world came crashing in. Only this time I found something new. I found that no matter how much I was in love with CJ, I know it’s not the end of everything, I know that I will find someone else to fall in love with and start the process all over again.

It’s been a little over three months since CJ and I broke up, and I have started dating someone new, and maybe I’ll end up loving him. All I know is that I’m no longer afraid that there is only one right person out there for everyone. Even if I become an old lady with cats, I’ll be happy because I know I will find people to fall in and out of love with all during my life. After all there are plenty of fish in the sea, and who’s to say you can’t find a way to fall in love with them all.