Nick - Centerville, Ohio
Themes: death

What I Believe

Is death fair? The worst thing is, we can’t stop death! Some people die at so young of an age. Some people die because of diseases and some people die of natural causes. I believe people should pass away in a peaceful way of natural causes. Dying of a disease would be the worst.

Before I tell you my heart-wrenching story, let me inform you on dementia and Alzheimer’s. They are both similar diseases but Alzheimer’s is a worse case of dementia. What happens when someone is diagnosed with this disease, you ask? The person who is diagnosed with these diseases slowly start to forget everything. Some days they can remember people and some days they may even forget their own family. Now that you are informed about this terrible disease let me tell you my saddening story.

My great grandma falls in the line of diseases, which is very sad. She was too young when she passed away, and she died with the disease called Alzheimer’s. First it started out as dementia, and then evolved into Alzheimer’s. She was able to do everyday things for a while but when it started to get really bad, she could not even do the simplest of things. It was hard for her to breathe, eat, and even sit. It may not make sense to you but sometimes these things can be difficult for them. It’s also very hard on the family. I know I will remember my beloved great grandma lying on her bed as she passed away and went straight up to heaven. All I could think about was her being better off, she would be cured and she would be reunited with my great grandpa again.

Now that you have read my story I hope I have changed your opinion on this topic, and next time you see deaths like this on the news I only hope you will pray for your family so this does not happen anymore. I know it will but we can only pray. So what do you think? Is death fair?