Andrew - Centerville, Ohio

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, this I believe. I believe in America, the land of opportunity. A place where all people are born free, with the opportunity to do what ever they want with the life that has been given to them. A place where from sea to shining sea something can be made from nothing, by the hard work of the people.

I believe in a country where I can make something of myself no matter where I was born, what color I am, what my religion is, how much money I have, or what my father did. Through my hard work I can do as much or as little to better my self as I please. This country was built on the freedom of people to choose their own destinies. A country that no matter where u were born u can one day go out into the world and make a name for yourself, start a family, or fight for your country.

Above all things, I believe in the pursuit of happiness. The ability to pursue your dreams no matter how simple or far-fetched they may be. Whether searching for buried treasure of for the perfect job. Anyone can be what he or she wants to be and do what they want to because of all the great men that came before them and paved the way of freedom. Men that devoted their lives to the development of this free country, so that we the people can enjoy the privileges and rights that they fought and died for.

At times all of us take our freedom for granted and do not realize even the small things in everyday life that would not be there if the men before us had not fought and died for their country. My family has deep roots in the military. From my cousin in Iraq, to my grandfather, who was drafted, and fought in World War II, and his father and on back. Without the men who fought, and died to secure and protect our freedoms, this country would be nothing that it is today, this I believe.