D`Anne - albany, New York

I haven’t been on this big earth as long as some people have, but I have always and will always believe in love in every sense of the word. I believe in Jesus, God, the father and Holy Spirit. I believe in education, its power and true equal opportunity. I also believe compassion is just as necessary as intelligence and kindness is scarcer than strength. I believe that each one of us needs to be able to recognize our gifts and talents, abilities and skills as well as our strong points and our downfalls. I realize now that going against the grain is many times, the right thing to do whether or not you have to stand alone. This has been revealed to me through the quotation saying you must stand for something or you’ll fall for anything. -Wise words that many of us take for granted or just shrug off. I believe in second chances and maybe third and fourth but don’t take my kindness for weakness. I’ve seen in my life, personally of course, that putting God first is no longer a chore but a necessity, putting myself first isn’t selfish and consideration for others is important. Some believe in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I believe that this is not wrong only in my interpretation most times; it isn’t our problem to handle. I’ve been exposed to different truths and I am so thankful for them, I’ve learned that “sometimes” is usually the answer and many things seem uncertain. The idea of fact or fiction is in the eye of the beholder and things like beauty, strength, boldness an most other things change depending on whose point of view they are being seen through. I have been taught and re-taught things. I used to wonder why I’d have to listen again, until I learn something else from the same old story. I believe time heals wounds and patience is a precious attribute to a person. My eyes have been opened to the cruelty this world carries and the deceptions we’ve been dealt as a people. My eyes have seen but my God protected my heart. I know about injustices but never knew how prevalent they are in our very lives. I have learned life lessons both vicariously and through my own experiences. I believe we need to think before we act and listen before we speak but speak before we lose our chance. What I believe is, you must believe in something and if not, then there really isn’t much left.