We Need You

Jeffrey - Huntsville, Alabama

I believe that Iraqi war veterans are being ignored by the government and by society. I always hear politicians that say they support the troops. Yet, nothing is ever done to help. People say they hope we come home safely, but their hopes are useless. The rich and famous say they will help us, but their words are empty. An old man on television says that employers should consider young soldiers first, but no one listens.

We feel that we are looked down on as the lower class. No one appreciates us because they do not understand us, what we have been through, what we have seen and what we are capable of. People are afraid of us because they do not try to understand us. They are too comfortable in their lives that we defend, to care about us.

We need the help of our country, who we care for so much, to care about us. We need you to ask yourselves how someone can go through what they did only to come home and commit suicide.

It is difficult to adjust back into the lives that you are so occupied with. Stop to take a minute and talk to us, more than just to say thank

you. We want to be your friends, we want to be your employees, we want to be a part of this great country, but we need your help. In order for us to forget the horrors we have seen, we need you to remember what we have done.