The Power of a Mothers Love

Angela - Pickerington, Ohio
Themes: children, family, love

As Johnny came to school he slammed his finger in the door. He was hysterically crying, and then began vomiting. His mother was called and her immediate response should have been “I’m on my way!” Instead she asked, “Does Johnny have a temperature?” This is not a loving mother’s response, but for some children that’s the life they have to live.

A loving mother is someone that is always dependable, loving, and understanding. She is also kind-hearted and willing to drop anything for her child. Her ears are always open to listen to problems, or to simply gossip. She is the one person in this world I can tell anything and everything to, and know will be there to pick me back up when I’m down. This is why I believe in my mother’s love.

As I was growing up I had everything that I wanted. I knew that my mom loved me, and would do anything for me, but I took it for granted. While driving to school, I thought of all the things my mom has done for me. I realized that not every child is fortunate enough to have a childhood like mine, and if it weren’t for my mom I wouldn’t be who I am today.

My mom has taught me a lot of life long lessons through her love. She has taught me to be a strong person and never rely on someone else to take care of me. She

has modeled this through her actions. She has taught me to be a confident person by always telling me how proud she is of me. She has also taught me to be an honest person. I believe honesty is very important, and there is no reason for me or anyone else to lie. She has taught me honesty by being honest herself; she never keeps anything from me or anyone else. My mom has also taught me to have fun in life, and not take everything serious. She is constantly laughing with me and at me when I make jokes or I do something silly. She has told me numerous times to “live life to the fullest, and have no regrets.”

Love comes from many different places, for different people. Not everyone is lucky enough to have both a loving mom and dad or either. Love is a very big word and holds a very significant place in many people’s hearts. I have realized that a lot of children are not as fortunate as I am. They have parents that neglect them and don’t care about what they do or what happens to them.

I believe if parents loved their children as much as my mother loves me, and took as much time teaching them good habits, I believe our world would be a better, happier place.