caitlin - centervill, Ohio

The Power of a Friendship

Have you ever had a friend who understood everything from your past, believed in all your silly plans for the future, and accepted you exactly the way you were, flaws and everything? I have, and learned from it that truly great friends are hard to find, even more difficult to leave, and nearly impossible to forget- This I truly believe.

When I was young I really didn’t understand what a friend was. But now, now I know. Friendships are about sacrifice and love, they are bout taking pictures and making memorable moments in time last for years and years to come. Friends are people you can count on through everything. Looking back, I hate that I never took the time to tell my friends how much I cared about them and how much I honestly cherished our friendship. Well now, now there really isn’t much I can do or say that will make things go back to the way it was or give me another chance to tell them. My dad is in the military so I can remember countless times when I had to pack up and leave my friends, and each time it was hard, but it wasn’t until I had to leave my best friend Krystal when I realized what a true friend was. She was the one who showed me support in everything I did, (including the stupid stuff), she was someone who shared so much in common with me, I could confide in her. I look back and think of all the memories I left behind, pictures I took, trouble we got in, and it was all worth it. The pictures might say a thousand words but it doesn’t feel like it’s enough. I understand that I look past how good I have it but if you were in my shoes you would understand I promise. I felt like I fit in when I was with them. I didn’t have to impress anyone with a silly act or something, I was me, and that’s all they knew, that’s all they loved. Yeah sure there was drama but it seemed like nothing when I had my friend. No one here knows or could care less about getting to know me, and part of me stopped caring, because no one can ever replace the friendships I had or lost. The power of a true meaning full friendship is much more than anything you can ever experience, because if you think back, your friends are the ones doing it all with you. And in true powerful friendship, I believe.

“Friends are god’s way of apologizing to us for our families”

Caitlin price

442