In My Sons Eyes

Maggie - liverpool, New York
Themes: family, love

I believe my sons eyes tell a story.

Every morning when I wake up I thank God for giving me such a wonderful son. A son who holds so much love and life in his soul. He is what keeps me going. My son, Louie.

When I look at my son I see an intelligent and strong little boy. His eyes are piercing and show no hesitation. My son is free. There is nothing holding him back from life. Just to sit there and watch him play shows me so much. The look in his eyes when he is trying to figure out what block fits into the correct hole is irreplaceable. I know he will figure it out- and he does. He is determined and never gives up.

When I am having a bad day all I have to do is look into my sons eyes. The way my son looks at me is uplifting. He reassures me when he sees me crying- he knows exactly what to do. He lets me into his heart and soul- I know how lucky I am when he looks at me. A feeling of warmness takes over me even though there are no words spoken. When I am down, my son knows he needs to make me better, so he makes his “known look”. It’s our special thing, I’m the only one who can see and understand it. I am so amazed of what a single look can do to me.

I believe my sons eyes make me weak. When my son is headed for the coffee table to throw and destroy everything in sight, my first instinct is to tell him no, he is not allowed to touch it. But when I see that he is having fun, I back off. He looks at me when I tell him no and he stares into my eyes- he makes me weak in my words. I feel a connection and give in. The joy he gets out of ripping papers and throwing things on the floor is important to me. The way he laughs and giggles when he bangs the remote is harmless. Knowing he is in his own little world where nothing matters is all that counts. He eyes shows that he does not have a care in the world. His eyes show his innocence.

My sons eyes have made me a strong women. In his eyes I see a boy who needs love and affection. I know what he is feeling and I can take care of him better. I also see a little boy who needs things, things that only a mother can give. His eyes have determined my life.

My son has inspired me to further my goals to give him a better life.

My sons eyes are irreplaceable.

My sons eyes are my life.