Max - Slingerlands, New York

What I Have Become

“I’ve become a very accomplished and hardworking person over the past thirteen years.”

What have I become in my life? Well, I have become a very accomplished and hardworking person. Over the past thirteen years, I have developed into an accomplished and hardworking person. I have been a good friend, smart, and compassionate person. I have developed into this by learning many valuable lessons, doing good deeds, achieving many goals and milestones, and being very successful. I have been successful at home, outside of school, and at school. I have also been a good leader in the community. I also have a very accomplished and well respected family, which makes me very lucky.

When I was a toddler I was very smart for my age. I knew my ABC’s better than all the other kids, I was a good kid and I never got in trouble. I also did very well in Pre- Kindergarten. My Grandma died after my sister was born. My sister now is in fifth grade and is attending my former Elementary school Westmere. She has had three out of six of my former teachers, who all liked me. Her favorite things to do are to have friends over and to play Soccer. She also plays on the computer. She is tall and smart for her age. My mom is 41 years old and my dad is 47. My dad is a lawyer, and an insurance agent.

Westmere is where a good portion of my life and accomplishments took place. I graduated from Kindergarten, made friends, (which I still have today,) I became a very smart and very successful student and pleased teachers, I learned many important skills, like being a good speaker, and being kind to people. These are things that helped me get where I am today and to achieve the way I have, became a leader, played basketball, was on student council, did announcements, and did more things that helped me become the successful person that I became. My best and most progressing year I had at Westmere was fifth grade. That was when I did announcements, student council, band, chorus, and recycling for half the year. The reason why I had such a great year was Mrs. Simon. She was a little strict and compassionate at the same time. She always had the class going in the right direction and made it a lot of fun. She was very involved with extra programs. She was in charge, and still is in charge of announcements and other programs. She was a big help to the programs I did and to me.

Three years ago, I came to FMS. I had Ms Scorzelli, who is now Mrs. Watson, and Ms West, who is now long gone, for sixth grade. Mrs. Watson was very good, but Ms West wasn’t good. She came in January because Ms Bennett, our teacher in the beginning of the year, got a better job with higher pay and took it. Personally, I had a fair year, but not a great one. I still finished the year with a 90 average though, by a hair. In the fall of my sixth grade year, I got my black belt in Tae Kwon Doe. It took me four years and lots of dedication to get my black belt. I learned many valuable lessons over those four years, like being courteous and honest. In seventh grade, I had a great year. I had around a 91 or 92 average. I aced all my core classes. My teachers were good that year. I had Dr. Fiero, Mrs. Sittig, Ms Bonaquist, and Mr. Sztella. I also played very good basketball that year and played AAU basketball, which I did well at. I also became a Bar- Mitzvah last year and did a very good job. The event and day that really changed my life was my Bar- Mitzvah. I accomplished a lot on that day. I became an adult in the Jewish community and had a lot of fun. I was flawless in the service and did everything at a very high level. A lot of the being flawless part comes from all the practicing and dedication I put into my special day. I practiced three nights a week and once a week with the Cantor. The Cantor is the musical person in a Temple and a Jewish Congregation. He does all the musical stuff, while the Rabbis’ do all the non related music stuff. The Cantor was very good at getting me to do very well, be good at being on stage, and made sure I spoke loud and clear. I chose to do my own Bar- Mitzvah, along with my family because I wanted more responsibilities and I wanted this to be an individual accomplishment, which makes it more special and unique, because very few kids do their Bar- Mitzvah on there own. I think it’s very important to be an adult in the Jewish community because people look at you as a role model and respect you. As part of becoming a Bar Mitzvah, you have to do something good in the community. I decided to make a meal for the people in the Ronald McDonald house. We made dinner for the people that were staying there and they really enjoyed it. We made chicken, potatoes, greens, and a pasta dish, for vegetarians. It was a great thing to do and was a very good experience. We also brought the children gifts. This year is starting off well with Mrs. Schmidt, Mr. Hanson, Ms Nugent, and Ms Long. My grades are all very good and I’m very happy with how everything has worked out for me.

This is my personal essay. I hope you understood my quote, of never giving up and striving to be the best you can be. This quote represents me and everything I have accomplished and will accomplish. This lesson is very important to me. It is a very important and crucial lesson to learn. These things have had a big impact on me because they all are important qualities a good person has, like accomplishing things, doing good deeds, and being good to others. The accomplishments I have had are very commendable.