Megan - Georgetown, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem, death

I believe that time is precious.

A few years ago one of my friends was taken from me. He was only in his early twenties, which isn’t much older than me. He was working at a store when it was robbed, and he was killed. After the funeral it was then I realized that time is precious. I realized that the only thing constant about time and life is that they are always passing.

Time is irreplaceable and we cannot get it back. We get new time each week, but we can never get back what was in the past. Everything in our lives depends on time. The synapses in our brain have to be down to the millisecond, or else our bodies won’t even function. No matter whom you are, time is important. Sometimes we just wish time would pass, but we should be cherishing every moment good and bad, because time is precious. I believe we should guard our time carefully. Ultimately we have no control over time, it is always passing, but we can make sure that we use our time wisely.

My grandmother was also diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. She has now recovered and is in remission, but this again forced me to see how life can change an in instant, and reminded how precious time with our loved ones is.

I believe that all people young and old should know that life is so unpredictable that we never know how much time we have left. Our lives can change in a moment. Our time is so precious that we should be making every day count, living in the moment (because we will never have that moment back), and seizing every opportunity when it is given to us.

I believe that time is precious!