Tammy - Chase City, Virginia

I believe love is patient, yet as I hurry through the chores of my day, I easily forget to enjoy waiting my turn in the drive-thru, the post office, or the grocery store.

I believe love is kind, yet when I am tired, angry, or frustrated my words too often come out more caustic or cruel than I intended.

I believe love does not envy, but when I am up three times in the middle of the night to nurse an infant and tuck a toddler into bed, I am jealous of my happily snoring spouse.

I believe love does not boast, but when my two-year-old makes pee pee and poo poo in the potty after three months of extensive “practice,” I want to shout so the entire world knows that today I had one less diaper to change!

I believe love is not proud, yet as a stay at home mother I feel expected to care for my children without asking for help, even when I truly feel I need a short break or a quick shower.

I believe love is not rude, although I think not everyone’s family teaches or instills the same definitions of proper etiquette, manners, values, and morals.

I believe love is not self-seeking, but I wish someone would tell that to Reality television and to every brown noser who rubbed my face in the fact that they were always going to be more important to the boss that I could ever dream of.

I believe love is not easily angered, but I wish someone would stop and remind me of that, preferably the next time I’m about to lose my temper.

I believe love keeps no record of wrongs, for I have come to realize that I truly know I love someone when if I had of been keeping a record, I would have lost count forever ago anyway.

I believe love does not delight in evil, though I have certainly seen enough evil in the world to answer the delights, fantasies, and whims of every man, woman, or child living on the planet, if not the entire universe.

I believe love rejoices with the truth, even when the truth hurts and is something I don’t really want to hear. Despite the hurt, sometimes I have to experience pain in order to feel love.

I believe love always protects, though sometimes it also means admitting that I need to be protected from individuals that claim to love me, or individuals that I think I love.

I believe love always trusts, even when there are many times when I would probably be better served to remain a bit skeptical or to at least approach a situation with a little caution and reservation.

I believe love always hopes, for hope is uncovered and truly found in a person’s secret, and most private, moments of complete despair.

I believe love always perseveres, as if it were to stop persevering, there would be nothing left worth living for.