Jordan - Littleton, Colorado

I’m Sorry, I love you, I’m okay, I’m done. These are words and phrases that people throw around and they never truly mean it. To me these phrases have lost their meaning unless they are proven. Words mean nothing unless you can show me; otherwise they are jus words attached to lies. I’ve been shown that people are extremely skilled at lying to others and themselves. Her name was Madeline, she lied not only to me but to herself every time she said she was okay or that she was fine and nothing was wrong. As time went on it became apparent that this was not the truth, if it was then she wouldn’t have continued to remain so sad, she wouldn’t have became as self destructive as she did, and she wouldn’t have caused harm to herself the way she obviously did. Her words were nothing but something to convince herself and others that she didn’t have a problem, she needed the physical evidence to support her answers. Even though she continuously said she was fine, she was okay, and that nothing was wrong: no one believed her not even herself. People also say meaningless words because they want to get away with something or they want to appear as something they aren’t. Another friend taught me this. Colby had a history of heavy drinking so this was no surprise when she started again well never stopped to be more accurate. People confronted her with anger and sadness. Every time it was the same routine: Colby would confess, she would beg for forgiveness, say she was sorry, and say that she was done. She failed every time to prove it all. If she was truly sorry then she wouldn’t have wound up in the same place or in the same situation everyday. If she was ever truly done then she wouldn’t have to make the same apology over and over again. She wouldn’t have had to hide her hangovers or make up excuses. She said she was sorry and she wasn’t, she may never be because she has yet to prove it. She said she was done and considering how many times she said it showed me that she said it with no intention of stopping. These days’ people say things they don’t mean because they think they have to so they can get something from you. People say I love so casually and don’t even consider how truthfully other people perceive it. If they really loved someone then they wouldn’t have to be reminded to care. They would be willing to show them physically in front of anyone no matter who was around. People constantly say that actions speak louder than words and I couldn’t agree more. I believe that words mean nothing unless you prove them, words can fall flat but if you can prove what you say then it diminishes all doubt. You better be sorry, I love you too, it’s not okay, it’s done.