Rabiya - Delray Beach, Florida
Themes: question

What is to believe? Do we know? As defined believing is to have confidence in

the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something. So what do I believe in? I am past the age

of believing in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. Should I believe in true love? Since being in my

adolescent years at the age of being sweet sixteen is roughly when the youth finds their first true

love or “highschool sweetheart”. How about belief in someone, should I believe you? All these

questions come into mind when there i’s the opportunity or time of believing in something or

someone.

So as I child I did believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, my parents

articulated that they were “real” and as being a naive child I believed it. For many years until the

disheartening revelation, I was tricked and deceived into believing something that is false.

During these years I was putting my trust and my beliefs into something that was unreal. Why

now should I believe in something, when what I believed before was just a lie. By definition to

believe is to have confidence in the truth yet in that case I had confidence in a lie.

Why should believe in anything when nothing is for sure? I have seen time and

time again people who believe in true love and think that the person they are with is their soul

mate end up being a miserable old spinster. Bitter is what they become due to their solitary and

unaccompanied lives they lead. The media and the norm believe they will have love forever and

have a happily ever after with their significant other, what are the chances that my future will be

this peachy-keen ? Should I believe in this so when my heart does break I will feel ten times

more deceived of when finding out there is no such thing as the Easter bunny.

Should I believe and put trust in my friends and others when people are

perpetually lying and conning others for their own benefit. Most of us were conned by those who

love us most, our parents. How can I even believe in myself since I am constantly changing.

Human beings are fickle creatures our decisions, our beliefs and opinions change as frequent as

we change our clothes.

This may be a cynical outlook on life and on trust however how can I believe

things if they are not for sure. Although there is one thing I believe in and that is truth, for me

without truth I cannot believe in anything due to my unwillingness of being hurt. I do not want to

believe in false hopes that will only bring me down rather than the truth that will keep you

grounded. The truth is the reality we should believe in. So in the definition of believing is to have

confidence in truth well I believe that the confidence in truth should be the whole truth and

nothing but the truth so help you god.