Anthony - Lewes, Delaware

This I Believe…

Teacher: “a person who teaches or instructs, especially as a profession.” All over America and the world, teachers are making a difference in our schools. They spend time with kids who struggle or keep kids in a bad area in school and learning. Teachers prepare us students for the world ahead of us. They are also positive roll models for students. This is why I believe we should honor our teachers.

The people who are educators today picked this certain job out of hundreds of jobs. It is what they wanted to do for many years or their whole life. Spending seven hours a day teaching kids doesn’t sound like fun to me, but these people wanted to do this. Either they chose the job for the well being of students in their country or they had wanted to be a teacher for their whole life. There are others reasons, but these are the majority. Why should a student give a hard time to someone who is only doing good for them? It just doesn’t make sense. Teachers have been around a lot longer than students (most teachers). They are more mature and know what is best for the student. Teachers are (supposed to be) the boss of students. These statements are “no-brainers” as to why students should respect their teachers.

The reason I write this is because teachers have played a big role in my life. Every year I have a great teacher. When I am struggling, they encourage me and help me with my work to get up to that “A”. My seventh grade year was the most preparing for me. My English and science teachers were very tough. The work I did that year was immense. It was almost like an AC course for my home school. It was worth it though, because I was prepared for the upcoming years, especially in the Academic Challenge courses.

In conclusion Teachers are a critical part of future and students today. They only want the best for students’ educations. They do so much for our world. This is why I believe we should honor our teachers.