Bethany - Marshall, Minnesota

I believe I am worth something

I believe I am one-in-a million. I am not like anyone else. I can be loud and annoying or I can be quiet and shy. I may change in that sense, but my character never will, because I refuse to follow the crowd.

I believe that I am worth something. I don’t mean in dollars, but I am worth an occasional compliment or hug at the very least. I won’t lower my standards.

I believe I am good enough. I know that not every relationship will work out, but I also know that I cannot change who I am because of who I am with.

I believe I am better than a one-night stand. I have morals and use them. If he is just that wonderful of a person, he will still be that way tomorrow.

I believe I can live without your drunken phone calls. I don’t need the 2 a.m. wake up calls with you telling me how much you love me, but of course you only say that when intoxicated.

I believe I can stand not to be called a pet name. Honey, baby, sweetheart, would you stop it already? I have a name; it is Bethany. If you can remember it use it, and if you can’t remember it, I will forget you.

I believe I am above your childish drama. I do not need the he said, she said, someone saw you cheating. Trust is key, so believe what comes out of my mouth when I speak.

I believe that my tears that I shed because of you were not wasted. With each time I cried, I was becoming stronger.

I believe that just because I didn’t get a once upon a time, doesn’t mean I can’t get a happily ever after. The fairy tale might not be Disney quality, but whatever happens does happen for a reason. It is just another page in the storybook of my life.

I believe I do not have to settle on something. I am able to achieve what I set my mind to. Some things just require patience.