Samantha - Hendersonville, North Carolina
Themes: love

I have always been told that love can move mountains, it knows no boundaries, and is completely reckless. I do believe this with all my heart. Love is such a strong emotion; it can take over a person’s life. It can heal brokenness, and restore a life back from a dark hiding place.

All my life, love has been such a distant thing for me, never something personal, or relevant to me. It was something I could understand in movies, or in poems, but an intangible thing that I didn’t know could ever happen to me. When it did, I was at a place in my life where my heart was burdened with so much baggage and brokenness, that I thought my soul couldn’t possibly be found underneath it all. He walked into my life just at the right moment to mend and replace so many things inside of me that were falling apart.

The power of love is such an unimaginable thing. When I finally found the real kind of it, it was so much better than even when I was a little girl, pretending to know what my knight in shining armor would be like. Love can look past my flaws, issues; it can take you out of the place of darkness that at times seems never ending. Love can change you inside and out, and make you want to be a better person.

I believe love has changed my life, and altered the paths that I might take. Without love, life has no meaning. I do not believe you simply fall in love, I believe you tumble, head first, not knowing at first what will happen, but being sure that whatever happens, it will be worth it.