Brett - louisville, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

I Believe

I believe life is a gift. Everyday you spend going to work, hanging out with family and friends, or just loafing around on the couch is a gift. A gift not given by god or your parents, but a gift which you create.

I believe life is a gift. The opportunity to be a part of humanity and to be involved with people who are different from you. People who you would gladly be with because they make you think about things you would never think about, or do things you would never do. People who make you feel on top of the world every time you make them laugh or enjoy a nice summer day with. Those people are gifts.

I believe life is a gift. When you offer a hand to a person in need. When you take the step out a perfectly good airplane and put your life in the hands of a thin fabric. When you push yourself to go farther then you have ever gone before. When something terrible happens and you are able to learn from your mistakes and move on. The things you can do are gifts.

I believe life is a gift. The emotions you feel when you’re a little kid on Christmas morning when you rush down the stairs and find Santa has left you a present. What you feel when you have your fist kiss or when you find what true love really means. The emotions you feel when you take a chance, and get down on one knee, and ask the girl of your dreams to be forever yours. Even the bad emotions you feel when someone very close to you dies, and even though you didn‘t get what you wanted it was for the best. The emotions you feel from these experiences are gifts.

Life is a gift in which you create. You choose how dull and plain it will be or how awarding and fantastic it will be. You choose how short and long it will be. You choose how much stuff you put in it. You choose how much of a gift life truly can be.