Andrew - Reading, Pennsylvania

Andrew Haenchen

11/12/07

This I Believe Essay

I am a person who follows celebrates just like any other person, but it has come to a point that knowing about them has gone way above the norm. The feeling has become one that I am related in a way like part of there family to a lot of them. I feel that there is no part of there life that I don’t know. This paparazzi that have been following them all the days of there lives has in more instances made these people, who if you look at are really no different than us, become trapped in a world where their every move is filmed and talked about. Don’t get me wrong sometimes I like to hear about what my favorite celebrities are doing in there lives, but not to the point where I feel like they live with me. I feel that they really don’t have the rights of freedom that I do in my daily life. I wish that they could live a life just like I do just for a day or to, which most of them probably did before stardom and let them see what it is like to feel the freedom I do on an everyday basis. There is no better freedom then being able to walk down a street without one-hundred cameras going off in your face and people screaming your name, when all your trying to do get a cup of coffee. I believe that the media is pout of control and could back off these celebrities a little bit, especially when it comes to negative photos or actions. I know that I’m not the only person who probably is worn out from hearing about celebrities doing things that make a person turn their head twice in a disgust, but why for once cant they just do what they want without the world knowing about it. if this could happen it might even make our celebrities feel like normal people and maybe soon there wont be anything negative to report upon.