Alyssa - College Station, Texas
Themes: children

My passion is to teach children. For as long as I remember I have always wanted to be an elementary school teacher. I love kids and their curiosity about everything…it blows me away. Children are unknowingly inspiring; their charisma and young spirit move and encourage me. I believe children deserve the best education they can get; their drive for life is uplifting. I believe children love to learn and strive to do their best, which promotes maturity and a bright future. When a child does well in a school environment he or she feels like they can do anything, which makes that child work even harder. When I work with children I know it’s something I would enjoy doing for the rest of my life. I believe in teaching from the heart and that using life experiences during classroom learning makes a huge difference in the lives of young ones. I took a class in high school called Ready, Set, Teach and worked with kindergarteners throughout the year. I learned so much from teaching those children; I learned patience is a virtue and that you can do anything that you put your mind to. When I taught those children four days out of the week, I never wanted to leave them. They appreciated everything I did for them and made a huge difference in my life. They will always have a special place in my heart. I believe that teaching children should become more important in today’s society. There are not enough teachers in the world willing to touch the hearts of children and open their mind up to new opportunities. I can’t wait until I am teaching my own class full of children one day and impacting the lives of so many young ones. I believe in children. I believe in teaching and in life and nothing else will ever take me so far.