Brittnay - Chesapeake, Virginia
Themes: work

It Does Not Take Money to Create Wealth:

Through out my life, my parents have taught me to work hard in school, always be on time, persevere through even the worst of situations and eventually these actions will lead me to a successful life. These actions alone do not promise that outcome. Yes, hard work can pay off, but what kind of work? If employees have reliable jobs, but lack sufficient wages, they are likely to go into debt like so others today. Many have two jobs and are often stuck under the control of their employers in hopes that they will alleviate their debts and eventually gain something close to financial freedom. Down the road less traveled, another method can provide one with the control to build wealth—Entrepreneurship.

As I made the transition from private school to public school, I noticed many differences. In private school, I was one of the poorer kids. I went because my mother scraped every penny she had and took out loans for my education. She was in a good amount of debt when I finally said, “Mom I want out.” She agreed, and placed me in public school the next year. After beginning the first semester at my new school, I walked up and down the halls and took notice of the students. There were more kids in one hallway here than there were in all the prrivate schools I had attended put together; the majority of them appeared to be untidy and unkempt. I’m sure that they lived in horrible situations, with indecent living situations, but I was determined to find out how to avoid this ever happening to me. I started exploring career options. I loved to draw, and looked into art, but saw nothing promising. I researched architecture. Building plans fascinated me. I wanted to draw buildings and see them built. After months of careful thought, I jumped into research and found a list of requirements. My knack for drawing and design was inevitable, and my math grades were high. I reviewed every possible question concerning the career. Although I was talented, nothing showed promise for a good income. All of the successful architects whom I had read about had done so by operating and running their own firm; in short, they owned the business. I was determined to find out how these business owners were so much more intact and successful than employees. So, in a thirsty effort to understand the idea of business ownership, I put all my free time into research on Entrepreneurship.

Majority of people are—and choose to be—employees. They believe business ownership is risky. I believe it is more risky to rely on a job that may not be there next week. Many of them will continue to be employees and remain under their employer’s stipulations. Owners control the fate of their company’s workers. I have read many books pertaining to the subject of business ownership. There are many successful entrepreneurs who have obtained a great deal of wealth. Business owners and authors such as Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad), Michael Masterson (Automatic Wealth), and Russ Whitney (Millionaire Real Estate Mentor) are prime examples of this idea. Each of these business owners began without any substantial amount of funds. They did not begin with money. They started with an idea and created their fortunes.

People can work for wealth or for an employer. In most cases, one can not accomplish both. I, for one do not want to be stuck as an employee. Entrepreneurship introduces the idea that a plan, along with the qualities my parents offered—hard work and perseverance—can create a fortune. Entrepreneurs show that it does not take money to create wealth. This I believe.