Taylor - New York

By: Taylor LaPietro

Have you even been 456 feet in the air, and going 128 miles per hour? I have. I learned a great lesson from it. That lesson is to never be scared to go on any roller coaster no matter how high or fast it goes.

One year when I was five or six, I went to the Great Escape and Splash Water Kingdom. I didn’t go on any rides. My mom, brother, and sister went. They wanted me to go on the Boomerang with them but I was way too scared. My mom had to wait with me while we watch them.

Then I was about seven back again with my Dad. I was determined to go on the Boomerang. I thought about it the whole ride there. Once we got there, I went on almost every ride! I even went on the Comet more than once. It is so fun because the safety bar comes up when you go down the first big drop. The Boomerang goes upside down a couple times and it’s really cool. They pull the car up backwards and pull you up a chain. Once you get to the top it drops and you go upside down. Then it pulls you up forward and you drop down backwards. We also went on the Steamen Demon. It pulls you up this really loud chain and then you drop and do a loop and two corkscrews. After that day, I loved roller coasters.

When I was 12 I went to Six Flags Great Adventure. It was in Jackson New Jersey. It took about 3 ½ hours to get there. I went with my step Dad Bill, my mom, and my friend Nico. That was the day I went 456 feet in the air and 128 miles per hour on Kingda Ka. It doesn’t go upside down or anything it just goes really high and fast. Nico and I waited 4 hours in line to go on that one ride! It is the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world! Other rides that we went on were the Nitro and the Batman. We went on the Nitro two times. The Nitro starts with a huge drop. You get butterflies when you go down. You hair flies up and it is the greatest feeling. When we got off for the second time it was really scary because we where there when it was the Fright Fest. People were jumping out at us, it was weird.

A year later I went back to New Jersey with my brother and Dad. We tried to get a speed pass but we couldn’t get one so we had to wait long. We went on Kingda Ka, El Toro, The Nitro, and Skull Mountain. We were all really tired so we went home at 6:30. It was really fun. I think the best ride was El Toro because I have never been on it before. El Toro is made all of wood and we had to wait 2 hours to get on.

One time I was in Michigan for a family reunion. On the way back we went to Cedar Point in Ohio. There are tons for roller coasters. Think there are 16 of them. I got a flyer and it says “best roller coaster park in the US.” I went on the Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Magnum, and the Raptor. I’m sure I went on more, I just don’t remember. This was a great lesson because if I was still scarred, I would travel far and do nothing. Are you a scardy cat?