alex - 12346, New York

To Trust Or Not To Trust

Something that I’ve learned in my 13 years of living that you really can’t trust anyone. I know certain people that I can trust but its maybe 4 people. Those 4 people are both sets of my grandparents. I can pretty much trust them with everything. I don’t really tell them a lot but if I do I can trust them. I can’t even trust my mom because she tells my other family members about things I tell her. My dad that’s just a whole other story I don’t tell him anything when I get in trouble in school anything about my life I don’t tell him. My parents are divorced and the last 4 years he really hasn’t made and effort to see us he always says he is going to take us but he’s only taken us 2 times in a matter of 4 years. I stopped talking to him about 4 weeks ago and haven’t said anything through e-mail leaving a message on his phone or talked to him on the phone. He said he was going to take us on the 1st Monday we had off and I trusted him but he didn’t and he lost my trust. I was so disappointed because I was really happy to finally see him again and I waited till about 3-4 o’ clock so then I called him and left a message saying “Hey dad, Its Alex where were you today, Don’t call back I don’t want to hear your excuse! There are very little people in this world that can keep secrets and I wish I could trust more people. There are some of my friends that can keep secrets but then if they get mad at you for something stupid then they might tell someone.

The main people in my life that I can trust are my grandparents like I said earlier. It is so true. I’m lucky that I still have all 4 of them still on the earth and I can tell them someone that I don’t want anyone to know. I mean who tells there grandparent’s things I don’t but if I did I know I could trust them. Maybe if something happens in my life and I don’t know how to approach my mom about it maybe I would ask them usually I don’t do that because I’m not afraid of my mom. For Christmas last year me and my brother bought something for my mom and we left it at my grandparent’s house “her parents” and they didn’t tell her. I don’t think many grandparents have a mean bone in their body and I think that I will always have their trust.

I usually tell people whatever they want to know I don’t really care if people know for example I might tell someone who I like and it will get around the school really fast just like anything here but I’ll get over it in a day or 2 its but if it was something serious and someone told someone else I would probably get mad and never tell them anything ever again that I want to keep a secret. A lot of kids are turning like that because things get around the school really fast. Friends usually tell each other things then they tell them not to tell anyone but they tell their really good friends and when something starts in the morning the whole school probably knows about it towards the end of the day. This is what its kind of like “Hey bff I love you so much you can keep a secret right” said Latisha. “DUH.” said Nafonda “Okay well I like Dan!” “OMG, that’s so cute!” “Don’t tell anyone please!” said Latisha. “Okay I wont” said Nafonda “LOVE YOU BESTIE!”

A couple minutes later……..

“Hey Sinabob” said Nafonda. “HEY” said Sinabob. “Guess what, Latisha likes DAN! She said not to tell anyone so don’t tell her I told you!” said Nafonda. “Okay I wont” said Sinabob. “Bye.”

That is an example of what happens here in school. I don’t really care it’s not a big deal to me if someone finds out. But that goes to show that you cant trust anyone because even if you’re friends with someone they usually tell their friend

I wish that people were trust worthy because something’s that you have to get off your chest are stuck there because you cant always trust everyone, but I tell people stuff that I need to get out of my head because like other people it starts to wear them down.