Anna - Sammamish, Washington

All of us should value everything in our lives besides money. Whether it is a friend or a car, they are not to be messed with foolishly but cared for instead. One thing I value a lot is my clothes. Like most girls, I have a limited amount of clothes in my closet. Some girls are rich enough to buy clothes endlessly and when you look into their closets, there seems to be no end. Is that necessarily good? Maybe they think wearing a shirt twice is a crime, but then again, do they really care for their clothes? Some consider my closet to be little, but it is big enough for me. By having so “few” clothes, I’m able to see the little details that make my shirts and jeans; and appreciate the colors and designs I have. If you keep on buying and buying clothes and shoes, it’s just going to be a routine…I prefer to think of shopping as a vacation…not a chore.

Family is probably one of the most important part of anyone’s lives. Can you buy family? Happiness? No, you get this happiness in a family by being part of it, and contributing to the family with all that you have. Growing up, watching some of my friends go through their parent’s divorce, and I see there is no happiness going on through any of that. I see my family, and we’re all safe, warm, content, and there is no talk of divorce going on. My parents didn’t buy anything to persuade me or my brother to be happy, we’re happy because of our family, not money. Watching the television, some shows have a rich kid having nothing but money because their parents are too busy to be with them. That is not a growing family with friendship, but money-ship.

Money. It can bring out the worst in anybody. Stealing, lying, jail. At the age of eleven, I thought money solved everything; broken car, homeless people, and divorced wives. I wished that when I am older, I could be a billionaire and buy designer outfits for my children, a couple mansions, and all that you can dream of. Being older, I don’t want that. Life would get boring because I would already have everything I needed and there would be no adventure in succeeding higher than I already was. It would be an endless life of misery. Money is not always the solution. Money can’t buy happiness. This, I believe.