April - Toney, Alabama

I believe that procrastination is a growing problem among today’s youth. I can honestly say that I include myself in that view. I tend to put so many things off until the last minute and expect everything to come out okay. When it comes to assignments in school, I am the worst. I find myself doing everything possible to avoid the inevitable, therefore leaving myself stressed at the last minute when I hurry to complete the task. Studying is usually put off to the early hours of the morning for me and my grade always reflects that decision… One would think that I would learn my lesson, I guess not! Sometimes I find that some of my best work is done under pressure so I let myself keep doing it over and over thinking that I will get the same outcome every time, which isn’t the case. I guess laziness could be included in the idea of procrastination, seeing as though they have the same outcomes from cause and effect. Some of the most intelligent people get decent grades when they are capable of so much more because they wait until the last minute. I think that some teachers should just tell their students to turn in their work a day before it is actually due, that way the procrastinators have a chance to possibly get their work turned in on time! I understand that procrastination is frowned upon by most people, but no one can say that they aren’t guilty of it at least once. No one is perfect, and that makes me feel better about the ongoing issue of procrastination in my life!