Katherine - norwood, Ohio

Beliefs are a very strong thing, something you can believe in, is stuff such as, religion, your self, friends or loved ones. I have a lot of beliefs such as being agnostic, not cheating, being nice and things like that. My topic is going to be based on my Edge. It is also going to be based on how much I actually care about my beliefs and others as well.

I have been straight edge for 7 years now yes I know that is a long time but it is true. I started to claim to help make my life better and to encourage people to make theirs the same way. It really does make a difference in your life and can help save someone else’s life as well. Since this has traveled throughout the entire world there is not a national holiday that we all “made up” ourselves that we actually celebrate every year now. This day is called (NSED) which is National Straight Edge Day, People all around the world celebrate this in their own way by having a drug free environment party. This celebration day was started in 1999 and is on October 17 of each year to show respect to each other. I think it should last a lifetime.

My Edge is something I highly believe in. It is a national thing that originally started in California back in 1981, Edge is short for Straight Edge, the definition of it is no alcohol, sex, or drugs. We Edger’s started groups all around the USA standing up for our beliefs trying to get the drug users, alcoholics and things like that off the streets. Edge is supposed to be a “brother hood” but really I think anyone can join it, but once you sell out, you are then out for good. There are also a lot of bands that have respect for Edge as well. Many “local” groups support it by donating money to rehab centers to help people out to make their lives better and that way they can start a good and healthy drug free lifestyle.

Edge is not something you just can up and claim, it is a family hood that you have to learn about and get to know more about. It is a belief and it is not an easy one to get in to these days. It is kind of like school, you learn and get better at it in many ways. All Edge people consider one another as family, which is a good thing. In all reality it is a lifestyle.

In other words I am saying that if you stay drug free and actually “try” to make it into a lifestyle like being Straight Edge then you too will have the chance of having an almost perfect life. It will increase other people’s decisions as well either if you think so or not. Edge is a revenge. Not something for fun.