Misty - Norwood, Ohio

What goes around…. comes around!

When I was about 12 years old, my dad went to prison for a year so I had to go live with my mom. I knew at this time that no one had control over me like my dad did. So of course, I took advantage of the situation and began to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

One cold winter night my cousin Cory, his best friend, and I all went over to Cory’s girlfriend house to hang out for a little bit. At the time I did not care about anyone’s feelings or about what anyone thought about me. So after I met my cousin’s girlfriend I realized that I did not care too much for her. I later noticed that she had about 75 dollars sitting in the top of her purse, which was wide open. I was broke of course, so I took her money, got my Cory and his friend, and we left.

After we made it off her street I showed them the money and split it with them. We were then walking back to my cousin’s house in the ice-cold snow when I noticed that these 3 girls were following us. I could here them talking about the timberland boots I had on but I never would have expected what happened next. One of the girls came up from behind me and punched me right dead in the nose. My first reaction was to get her away from me so I slammed her up against a car that was on the side of the road. From where she had punched me in the nose, I couldn’t see anything and I slid on the ice in the street and fell down. All 3 girls began punching and kicking me at the same time. Oh yeah, and by the way, my COUSIN and his friend both just stood there and watched, they did NOT help!

So a week had past since this incident had occurred and my nose still looked pretty bad. My mom then took me to the doctor were they informed me that my nose was broke. They scheduled me for surgery for the following week, after the swelling went down. The surgery took about an hour and when I woke up I was so drowsy from all the medicine I didn’t feel a thing.

Now how awkward, the night I decide to rob someone I end up getting jumped and getting my nose broke. That’s why I believe the saying, “What goes around, comes around!”