Vincent - Cincinnati, Ohio

How would you feel if you didn’t get to make important decisions in your life? It would suck wouldn’t it? Well it does.

As a young teenager I feel very mistreated. Sometimes I feel like my parents favor my brother over me. I mean yeah he’s older and everything, but only by one year. And even if he is older, I don’t think its right to mistreat one of your own children. Its not so much my mom as it is my dad. He makes me hate the world sometimes. Last Saturday, I went home to get a shower and change. I put my shoes on and my dad says, “You’re not going anywhere, you’re grounded.”

I asked him, “Why, what did I do?”

He said, “I busted you last night.”

I asked, “What are you talking about?”

He says, “I know you were high last night when you came up to the truck.”

I said “No I wasn’t!” And he just wouldn’t believe anything I said. I talked to my mom about it and she believed me. The whole reason I’m bringing this up is because I wish I could make my own decision of being separated from him. I wish I could make the decision of who I live with. That is just one decision I wish I was able to make.

Life sucks right now without having my own money, to be able to spend it how I want, and when I want. I had a job over the summer, and it felt really good to get a check in my name, and to have it all to myself. The only reason I had that job though, is because my uncle hired me and I worked with him. Now I can’t get hired anywhere because I’m not old enough. I’m only fifteen and pretty much all places hire people at least sixteen or older. If it were up to me, I would be able to work anywhere I want. But fortunately my birthday is next month, and I’m going to apply to several places, I can’t wait!

My third and final decision I wish I could make on my own, is what laws I have to go by. I mean I would be responsible about the laws, but some of them are just ridiculous. One law I would change is drinking age. I’m not saying this for myself, but I think cops should let whoever wants to drink… drink. The people that decide to drink and do something stupid or illegal will just have to pay the consequences. But not all people are like that. Some just pass out, some just chill, and some are just smart about it. Another law I would change is making marijuana legal. It is a natural herb. God put it on earth for a reason. Honestly, I don’t smoke it, but it wasn’t put here to be taken away completely.

Now, do you agree with me that it sucks not to be able to make important decisions in your life? If it were up to me, a lot of things would change.