Alfred - west nyack, New York
Themes: sports

Alfred Nikolaj

WRTBP

Mrs. Dwyer

This I believe… States

Playing football is what I love. It has become such a major part of my life that takes up most of my time. This year we have a really good football team and we started off the season very well with a 3-0 record. We are ranked as one of the top five most dangerous teams to play in our section. This year, I believe that we will go to the state championship game in Syracuse.

We have practiced so much harder this year then the last year. This is because we finished off last season with a 5-4 record and before that season started, we were rated as one of the underdog teams. So over the summer, with all of the returning players, the hype was huge so we needed to practice harder and longer then ever before to meet up to the high expectations. So far we have not even played our best game and still completely dominated our first three games. So this year I believe that we will go to states. If we do it, it will be the first time ever in Clarkstown South history that our football team made it to states.

Our team this year is not big in numbers, but we have our starting eleven who are all great athletes. This year have something that a lot of teams do not, we have heart. Any person will tell you if you have heart, the things you can accomplish, especially in football, are endless. During game situations we never give up no matter if we are up or down because we are all able to look at each other in the eyes and say that we will go that extra mile for that person and fight for our family; our team. We all mesh together better than any team we have had, the chemistry and the talent is all there. So I believe that we will go to states this year, and it will be an event to go down in South history and I believe that we will be remembered as one of the greatest teams in our section.