Chad - oro valley, Arizona

I believe in trust. Trust is the basis for everything. It is needed in relationships, businesses, schools and a lot more places. There isn’t anything that I work harder for. I think trust is one of the most important things in the world and it is worth fighting for. Sometimes the word trust can be turned against you and used in a threatening manner. I had a girlfriend that threatened me with her trust and I couldn’t believe it. If she could throw her trust away that easily than it was not worth my time to work for. Trust should be as hard to get rid of as it is to gain. I am picky with who I trust because with trust comes so many good things. If I trust someone I can tell him or her secrets or rely on them to do something for me. I can trust them to be on my side of an issue and tell me if I am doing something wrong. There are so many things that come with trust and that’s why I think it is so important for everyone to have; it just makes things a lot easier.

My old girlfriend made me work so hard for her trust. I wanted her trust so bad. I didn’t think she was the “one” but I just wanted to have a friendship type of trust but she made it so tough. I had to stop talking to all other girls and tell her my every move and where I was. It was getting ridiculous, I couldn’t hide from this girl. After a week of this new life I had to live, I knew she was abusing trust. She knew trust meant so much to me that she threatened it whenever I did something wrong. I knew there was a better girl out there so I got rid of her and went on my own until I found a new girlfriend that I knew would trust me and not abuse the meaning. In every relationship all you hear is how he or she doesn’t trust the other. If there was just trust within all relationships there would be no problems, drama, or possibly breakups and divorces. Trust is precious and should not be abused by any means.

Trust is not only needed in a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship but in friendships too. I always count on my friends to be on my side and never talk behind my back but I can’t trust everyone. I am very careful with what friends I totally trust and which ones I would never even tell a tiny secret to. There are a lot of girls in my group and they all like to talk about the guys, naturally, but sometimes they go way too far. For instance, one of my good friends was very close to dating the girl of his dreams, but the girls in our group got to her first. The girls in our group told the dream girl all about my friend’s rocky, past relationships and they totally changed the dream girl’s mind. My friend was left stranded with no idea what happened. The girls thought it was up to them to make sure all potential girlfriends knew the facts about our past. These relationships were years ago and many things have changed but it did not matter to them. After all of these incidents the trust between the boys and girls are now almost non-existent. The thing that really bothers me is that it doesn’t bother the girls one bit; they think they did those potential girlfriends a favor when they really hurt us guys. Now, us guys feel like there is no way to find a girlfriend without their every detail and secret revealed. People abuse trust and I think it is very important who you totally trust because you never know where your secrets might end up.

I think secrets are sacred and that everyone has one. There are some that should come out in time and others that should never be spoken of, but when you tell the wrong person, the whole world seems to crash down on you. It is so important to have complete trust with someone when you tell him or her a secret or something very important. I have great friends that I can tell anything to and I have known these friends for numerous years and we have been through so much together. They can tell me anything and I can tell them anything. It is the best feeling telling someone a deep, dark secret and knowing that no one else will know. Sometimes you need to talk about a secret issue and you don’t want the whole world to know and that’s when you go to your best friend and tell him or her what’s going on. Trust between friends is not limited to secrets. I can trust my friends to help and listen to me when I have a problem or in trouble. I know my friends will always welcome me with open arms and it’s a good feeling to have. All my best friends that I completely trust mean so much to me and I won’t ever risk their trust, because it is too valuable to me. They do their best to keep my secrets so I owe them the favor of doing the same. Friends really do last for life and I hope that many years later I can still trust my same friends.

Trust will always be a big thing to me and I will never abuse it or try to kill it. It is how this world goes ‘round. We all need trust with at least one person in the world. We all need to vent out our feeling and who else but another person you totally trust. Total trust just makes everything so much better and it takes away a lot of worry. The feeling of trust is amazing and I will always work my hardest to have it.