Bree - El Dorado Hills, California

When the teacher first informed me about the topic, “This I believe,” I was stumped. My mind went completely blank. I honestly didn’t know what I believed; let alone what I should write about. Then, my mind started whirling and things started coming at me.

I questioned myself, “What do I believe in?” It was then that about a million ideas sprinted up, around and sideways in my mind. It made me reflect on all my morals and the standards which I follow in life and why I choose to abide by them. I started making a mental list of things I believe.

I believe in a free, non-racist world, and no matter what the appearance, he or she should be treated equal to every other individual. I believe in a magnificent God, whom one day I’ll be. I believe that everyone should have a second chance to redeem the mistakes made in their life. I believe that people are “good at heart.” I believe that aliens could exist. I believe that failure isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I believe in love at first sight and that wishes, in most cases, can come true. I believe in the “placebo effect” and Newton’s laws of physics. I believe in, Thomas Jefferson’s saying,” Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” I believe that people have choice in life. I believe that some people make choices and with those choices choose their life and what they are. I believe that people in Africa are starving. I believe that people can be cruel and in,” Freedom of choice.” I believe, most of all, that life isn’t always fair.

They’re many things in which I do believe in. Yet, what I believe might not be the same as what my neighbor may believe. I have my own opinions, just as others do. I believe that forging a note is a choice and consequences could be great. I believe that saying and doing are two very opposite and diverse things.

I believe that I always have a choice. No matter what I am doing, no matter what is happening to me. I always have a choice. I have a choice to choose in what I believe.