Mark - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: nature

Have you ever listened to the rain beating down on the pavement outside? Have you ever stood on the top of a hill and felt the winds power as it held you up? Have you ever stopped for a moment to listen to the beautiful world around you? I believe that you should experience nature to the fullest of your ability while you are alive.

Too many people get caught up in what kind of car they drive; or how big their house is. And never realize that people in villages in Africa don’t even have a choice. Some are still nomads looking for and killing their own food to survive. I believe that people should get out and experience what life has to offer.

Societies around the world have forgotten to enjoy nature. They believe that we should take away what nature has to offer. And that is fine, but we should always give back to nature. Chop down a tree and plant two in its place. We should not just take advantage of nature. As the human race we owe nature our intelligence. After all, we are the only species that doesn’t give back what we take. The least we can do is stop and look around, close our eyes and take a deep breath and just stand there, listen to the birds chirping, the sound of the wind, the light shining on your face, and the heat of the sun on your forehead; and realize that this is nature. Nature at its best. I believe that you should experience nature.

Without nature where would the human race be? I’m not saying that you have to sell your house and live in a hut; or sell your car and ride a bike to work (although that would help the environment), all I am saying is take some time out of your busy day, five minutes even, to experience fully what this great world has to offer. I believe that everyone should experience nature, and who knows one day you might believe as well.