Samantha - tucson, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living life to the fullest.

Through life I have come through many problems. Sometimes I think to myself how will I ever get through this. You have to overcome it and move on. I live each day like it was my last. I try to always forgive but sometimes you can’t ever forget. Don’t hold grudges because that person you have something against may end up later in life being great friends.

I admit in middle school I did hold a grudge against this one girl. I don’t really know why because now that I think about it I didn’t really have anything against her. One day I realized that I shouldn’t hold a grudge against her because I had nothing against her. Now we’re great friends. Funny how things work out in life.

In a song by Bon Jovi he sings, “It’s my life, and it’s now or never. I ain’t gonna live forever. I just want to live while I’m alive.” I can relate to this song because I want to live my life my way. I only have one shot so I’m taking it as it is.

I love to run. Recently, my cross country team made it to state. We got second in regionals, Mountain View had beaten us. They were our competition the whole season. State was our last chance. The Friday before state, the football team had beaten Mountain View. We dominated that game. All I wanted to do was beat Mountain View the next morning. My job for the meet was to stick with Allison and to be in front of the two red heads on Mountain View.

The race has begun I’m sticking with Allison, but she starts to get away. I’m still with the red heads. Coach Eddie says, “We’re in the lead!” Right after that one of the red heads gets away and all I think to myself is, “I’m going to get her at the end.” The last mile I start to pick it up, I wanted our team to win so badly! Not only did I pass the red head at the end, I passed their second runner! The race is over no one knows who won. I was more nervous for the results than before I ran. We see Coach Eddie run towards Allison and I, jumping up and down he says, “We won! We won!” We have the biggest smiles on our faces! Everyone is jumping up and down, and screaming! I was so excited because we had won and we were the first state champions at Ironwood.

This was our one shot and it was now or never. We had put Mountain View in the past because state was a new day and a new race.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why we call it the present.” I live by this quote. What happened yesterday doesn’t matter anymore. Tomorrow is something not to worry about because you have to worry about what is happening now. I am grateful that I am here today. For each step I take, I am thankful. For each breath I take, I am thankful.

I believe life is the greatest thing. Therefore live it to the fullest. Don’t give up just keep moving forward.