Sarah - Wellington, Florida

I believe in friends and family. They are my support system. They are my biggest fans and my best friends. My family knows me better than anyone else, and my friends always make me happy.

Recently, my school put on a production of Our Town, and one of my best friends was working on it too. We usually get along well, but we fought sometimes and we got sick of each other often. Even so, throughout actual performances, we had a lot of fun. Act 3 is probably the saddest part of the whole show, and one night it really upset me. He was there to let me cry on his shoulder and to give me a hug. I felt so connected with everyone involved in the production. Our silly jokes, all-nighters, and all of the after-parties made me feel like I was a part of something so big. It made me appreciate everyone.

Even though I devoted two months of my time to Our Town, my other friends certainly weren’t forgotten. We got closer this year, be it from studying together or from class or outside of school. My friends know me so well and support me in all my decisions, including my decision to work on the show. My guy friends are there to support me and give me advice. My girlfriends are always there when I need them, to make me laugh and cheer me up when I’m sad. I feel so close with everyone and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for all of us.

My family is my biggest support system. My mom is my biggest fan. My brother is my best friend. My dad is my advisor. We spend so much time together and we know each other better than we know ourselves. My mom and I always go out to dinner every Friday, due to our busy schedules or my rehearsals or if she stays late at work. This is my special one-on-one time with her, and one of my favorite things to do. My brother is ten, and I take care of him a lot. We spend time together on the weekends and I take care of him. During school, I always ask him about his day; sometimes I help him with his homework. Homework time is always important in my house; it brings my dad and I together often!

I believe in my family. We help and support each other. We take care of each other. I believe in their love. I believe in my friends. I believe that they truly care; I confide in them and they in me. We keep each other’ promises. We do everything together, we eat dinner, we rehearse, we play. I believe in friends and family because they believe in me. I wouldn’t be the same person if not for them.