Scott - Boulder, Colorado

In looking for what I believe in, it was difficult to pin down what I really believe. I had to really look through my experiences and find what I truly think makes me wake up every morning. I believe in passions, life is just a pointless, never ending road that would be empty without passions.

A passion in life is not just another hobby or past time, it is something that you hold on to and no matter what happens in life no one can take away how that particular passion makes you feel. It could be something as simple as a relationship, or an expensive passion like horse back riding. I believe in passions in life because passions give you something to fight, or strive for.

I was in a situation once when I really knew that wrestling was my passion. I was stuck between choosing between my social life and wrestling. Wrestling takes a lot of commitment and dedication. My friends, family, and girlfriend, wanted me to be around more because I am going to be leaving soon and they want to spend as much time as possible with them. It got really hard, being torn between this sport and my whole rest of my life. Right then I knew that I didn’t care if the rest of my life didn’t want to me to do this or make this commitment. This passion I have is what keeps me going everyday and without it I would be lost and would have no purpose to my life.

My other passion is my relationship that I have built with my girlfriend. I know that this is a passion of mine because it was tested again when I had to choose what felt right in spending my time and where I wanted to invest my energy. Passions are important because when you look back on your life when you are older, you will not remember all of the meaningless hobbies and past times you will only remember the meaningful passions and accomplishments. The thing that is the hardest in life is when you have to choose between your passions or explaining why it is so important and essential to your life. Even conflicting passions is better than not having a passion at all, because without passion is without life.