You only live once so make the best of it

Charlie - menomonie, Wisconsin
Themes: carpe diem

“Live every day as if it were your last.” I believe in this quote because life is too short to procrastinate; do the things you want now because there might not be a tomorrow. I know it might be hard to live like this, but I’m sure if you asked a group of older people if they died tomorrow, are there still a lot of unfinished goals that are yet to accomplish, most of them would say yes, and wish they would have done these goals earlier in life.

I try to live by this quote as much as possible. I like to take advantage of this short life by being spontaneous and willing to try new things. Holidays and vacations are almost always a good time, so I always make sure I’m with friends and family, and take as many vacations as possible. For example last spring break three of my buddies and I decided to take a road trip to Miami. We didn’t plan anything just started driving and what ever happened from there on we didn’t have a clue. This trip turned out to be one of the best times of my life and the best part was we didn’t know what was going to happen each day. Since the trip was a huge success my buddies and I made a pact to do the same thing every spring break for as long as we know each other.

I want to accomplish all my goals in life by the age of thirty five. This might be hard but if I do I will be happy knowing if I die early I know I lived life to the fullest each day and didn’t hold anything back. I would rather live a fun and spontaneous forty years than live to ninety with just an average lifestyle. In my point of view I think everyone should live on the edge and take a few risks in life. Some people need to realize you don’t get a second chance at everything, so if you get a chance to do something just do it or you may regret it for the rest of your life.

I hope this quote helps people realize the things in life they should take advantage of. You may regret bad times in the past but those bad times are gone, and what you do next is up to you. There are too many obstacles in life to dodge, and no one is perfect so take advantage of this life that we are blessed with before it’s too late.