zach - lafayette, Colorado

I Believe

In life, I have learned many things that I hold to be true. Out of all the things that I believe my most core belief would be that I believe in others. I believe that if I am really in trouble I have people that would help me no matter what. These people are close family, extended family and close friends. Without people to support me, I would probably be much different than I am today.

When I was growing up I met several problems that I don’t know id I could of overcome by myself. My parents have cared for me since I was born and still do today but with different ways. Instead of telling me what to do exactly they guide me and hope that I make the right decisions. This has allowed me to find my own beliefs instead of being forced to believe what they think. My parents do have a big influence on what I do and how I behave but they have let me become my own person by guiding me in a forward direction.

I think that my friends have also shaped my belief system by the way the way they think and react to different situations. Some of my friends have a bad sense of moral values in my opinion and seeing how they get talked about and what people think of them have made me into someone that believes in doing what is right most of the time and believe in honesty. I also have friends that are extremely good but get taken advantage of easily. This has showed me to be good but not take anything from anybody. My friends have had a major role in shaping my beliefs by their examples whether they know it or not.

When I was 5 I ran into a pole playing groundies on the playground. When I hit the pole I was knocked out and I when I woke up I was on the ground with everybody from my class and about 5 adults around me. They called my parents for me and they took care of me until they got their. For those 15 minutes they cared for me even they had no idea who I was but they still cared for me.

These people all fortified my belief on others and how they have helped me deliberately and without them knowing. These have also helped me build on other beliefs on how to treat other people.